Some facts about C Language
- C Language was not called C at the beginning. It has been named as C after passing many stages of evolution. Evolution of C:
ALGO -> BCPL -> B -> Tradition C -> K&R C -> ANSI C -> ANSI/ISO C -> C99.
- It was developed at Bell Laboratories in 1972 by Dennis Ritchie.
- Why it is named as C ? There is no such logic behind the naming of C Language.
It was developed to cover all the inabilities of B language (simplified version of BCPL). So, it was just named C as it is next to B in the English alphabets.
- C is the only programming language that exists for such a long period and still it is widely used.
Unix was one of the first operating system kernels implemented in a language other than assembly and that was C.
- Previously, C was considered as the high level language but today many programmers consider it as a low level language as it supports only scalar operations.
- C18 is the latest version of C programming Language published in June 2018.
- “? : ” is the only ternary operator in C language.
- “sizeof” is the only operator which is also a keyword.
- In printf() and scanf(), f stands for formatted not function.
- Compiler doesn’t know header file, preprocessor processes these and expands souce code.
- Header file name can be included in 2 ways, (a) Using angular brackets (b) Using double inverted comma.
- Compiler generates assembly code not machine code and then assembler generates the machine code.
- sizeof operator cannot tell us the size of functions because this operator works on compile time and functions loads in memory at run time.
If you like dEexams.com and would like to contribute,
you can also write your article here or mail your article to email@example.com .
See your article appearing on the dEexams.com main page and help others to learn.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Python if , elif and else
Download And Install Python
Struct Alignment and Padding
The diamond problem Solution
Multiple Inheritance in C++
Types of Inheritance in C++